Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The one with my short middle-east trip

Greetings from Abu Dhabi. Just reached Cristal Hotel in Abu Dhabi last night. Earlier in the day was in Kuwait City. Which probably is the shortest stay in a country for me. Reached Kuwait at 8.00am local time, and left for Abu Dhabi 5.30 local time.
The meeting in Kuwait went well. Hopefully it wear positive results. From my short stay there, Kuwait is one expensive country. The mall next to the hotel, houses shops which I can't even enter, as they are brands which I can't afford. The exchange rate itself is espensive, RM1.00 is 12.00KD. My colleague had to think twice when he bought a fridge magnet which cost KD1.75. Our McDonald's meal at the airport costs KD1.50.
Today, hopefully I will have time to see the city of Abu Dhabi. Went passed the biggest mosque here last night, and it looked majestic. Didn't take a picture though, as the cab was driving fast. My meeting here later will be at 10.00am, and will head down to breakfast in a bit.
Will hope to tell more later. Till then.

No comments: