Monday, January 24, 2011

The one with another emo-sith rant

I work on Sundays. I work on public holidays. I cover day plus night shifts. Even when I'm leave work comes a calling. Even when I'm at a weekend getaway with my wife, work calls. And I'm not even fairly compensated.
I don't even have time to spend with my wife or even get proper rest. Any break I get to recharge is a joke as someone from the office will call. 24 days into 2011, and I'm already going through my annual mid-year burnout.
I'm stuck in a place where work owns you. So my next move? To plot another exit.

2 comments:

Lucky Tiger said...

This sounds like my job. I sympathise!!

Kinchai said...

Oh how truly bad that is...
Its hard enough when you have to work 5 or 6 days a week.. but to include Sundays and holidays..that indeed really bad..

You're right it is indeed time to plot your exit...Good luck with that

Candi G