Sunday, August 18, 2013

The one where I won the World Cup.....in Football Manager 2013

I finally managed success on the international stage in Football Manager 2013. Lead England to the 2022 World Cup title. The final itself was the most loop-sided final ever.
At first, I didn’t want to lead an international team, as it would take up too much time. In the end I decided to give it a go since I’ve already won everything at club level.
Below are the screen captures of the qualifying phase and the world cup run itself. I managed to go to the world cup as a group winner, despite a late setback in which I lost 2 in a row, in which I thought I managed a late draw against Serbia, only for them to score a very late winner.
In the world cup group stage, I was drawn with Argentina, Saudi Arabia and Ukraine. Prior to the world cup, media pointed out that a third of the squad were Spurs players. Well, I know them and I’m using the same system, so why not use players I can trust. Two wins and a draw saw me through to the second round.
The second pitted me against the Dutch and we won 2-1. The quarter final matchup was against the holder Croatia (yes the won the 2018 World Cup). I was 2 down at half time and staring at defeat with 10 minutes left, until 2 late goals completed the comeback. The semi-finals drew me against the French. Three goals in a 5 minute blitz sealed my place in the final.
My opponents in the final were the Americans. Yes, I too was surprised they made it this far. I went 3 up at halftime and there was no looking as I went on to win 8-1. My striker Matthew Eyre even helped himself to a hat-trick.
After the world cup, I resigned from the England managerial post to concentrate on continuing my Spurs dynasty.

The road the the World Cup
My World Cup run





No comments: