Sunday, May 17, 2009

The one with the futsal fracas

Realized I haven't posted anything in May. A lot has happened in between. And as my last post stated my injury, the latest update is I'm fully healed and back on the courts.
But there will be one futsal session I will no longer grace with my flair and flamboyance. I've decided to call my time on the Tuesday session. The first session I join when I started my futsal career in 2002. We've been playing for 7 years together but one moment of madness made me realize that my time with the group is up. Farrish quit the group way earlier, Shareza quit the group last week and his brother Shanaz will join suit as he will only play if I play.
As to what happened. Well it has been boiling for quite some time. The games getting way to physical and also a whole less fun. No longer the embodiment of joga bonito. Flair players such as myself are victims to malicious tackles. Cronyism is obvious. I've been playing with them for seven years, even took it upon myself to organize and try to recruit players to make up the numbers when short, but still they haven't embraced me as one of them (not that I want to anyway). 
Even lately the weekly lineup is those who are loyal to me against them. As usual, my group ran rings around them with our sexy-football play, and for them to counter our threat (which is a joy to watch by the public) they use physical force which results to injuries. I for one want to fight back, as they all been through multiple surgeries and I know I can send them back to the hospital if I want to.
As for the events of last weeks session. As usual the game got physical. I was off-form and played a more defensive role. I made one defensive clearance. One guy got hit via my follow through and another teammate of mine got him too, which was the cause of his outrage. And me being the outsider, half the opponents came charging to me wanting a piece of me. I did not appreciate this at all, as I won the ball first and the ball was one the other side of the field when the incident happened. After that, no one had the mood to play. Seven years came down to this.
After the game, I mention my intention to leave the team to those close to me. They too share the same view. I've been patient too long. I continue playing because I need the exercise and I don't know what else to do with my time. But my time with the Tuesday group has ended now.
What now? Well trying to get the tennis Thursday guys to play tennis Tuesday now. And maybe I can refocus on the Wednesday group. As I have been relegated to reserve team now, so I want to fight back for my place. And my Saturday group pretty much intact and that's always a fun session.

No comments: