Monday, March 15, 2010

The one with the football friendly against EPF

Last Thursday (11 March 2010), I made my football debut for Bursa. In a management friendly against EPF. The game was played in the MPSJ Stadium in Subang.
Being the new guy, I was put in charge of the kit, meaning I was the kit-boy for the game. I had to take down names of who took the kit and made sure they returned the kits. Which in the end was a good thing, as I got to know their names.
I didn't get to wear my favoured number 11, as it belonged to some dude from human resources. In the end I took number 14. A number one of my heroes wore, David Ginola.
I started the game and was surprisingly made the lone striker. I told them I can attacking midfielder or winger, but not up front. A move which didn't do wonders for my game, which resulted me being benched after a dismal first half.
Not only did I let myself down, but also a teammate who believed in me. One who knew my strengths but played out of position. I'm not a player in the Rooney-Drogba-Torres mold.
Well in the end we won 6-0, but sadly I didn't play a part in any of the goals and most of them came in the second half.

No comments: