Monday, March 15, 2010

The one with the end of Mark I

After almost 10 years of service and defying the times, my desktop finally came to it's end of use. Yes, my ultimate-gaming-machine-mark I can no longer be used and repairs would only be expensive.
So now the time has come for me to build Mark II. However, with most of my budget channeled to an event in July, building it now would not be feasible. I figured of just getting a notebook for now. Since I might have use for it if the idea to post me in some foreign land of sand and more sand comes to fruit.
I've dismantled the parts of Mark I and kept some parts which could be of some use (dvd-rom, dvd-burner and hard drives).
I've been checking out the prices of the parts I need as well as notebook prices. But for now, I need to backup my data from my old hard drive. Yes all my songs, videos and pictures. There is this device called a 'toaster' which can read your hard drive. Something new I learn from my friend Mark Tan.
Looks like Mark II will only be assembled by 2011.

No comments: