Thursday, July 22, 2010

The one with the jersey issue

Again Malaysia is the highlight in foreign media. As usual for the wrong reasons and comic relief.
Recently muftis from certain states have preached to stop wearing the Manchester United jersey. Also listed are other jerseys which bear the cross. National jerseys like Brazil, Portugal and Barcelona. I for one find this odd. Kindly note I am NOT a manyoo fan.
Reasons stated for the manyoo jersey is because of the devil on their badge. Seriously why now raise the issue? The emblem has been around since I don't know (ask a manyoo fan). And most of my friends as well as my wife are manyoo fans. Most have been fans their entire life. Yet, I do not notice any devil worshipping characteristics or behaviours. They still follow the Muslim beliefs. For me, its the niat. We are all educated enough to know right from wrong.
Again these are probably the same clerics who banned yoga. I believe there are other issues with regards to promoting and projecting Islam as a peaceful religion. And yet, they choose to focus on matters that do not membangunkan ummah.
On another note, wonder when they will ban supporting Spurs. Since they have Jewish roots and backed by Jews. Which is why Spurs always tend to have money even when most clubs don't. This is because they have strong financials and prudent spending strategies. Unlike a Muslim-owned team who spend money like there is no tomorrow in signing superstar players.
At the end of the day, it all comes down to niat.

No comments: