Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The one with the exile from sports

My "exile from sports" still continues. Though no one really noticed or missed me except one teammate.
With all the work issues and personal problems I have, playing was the one thing that helped me forget about it all, even for a while. Doing what I do on the courts, will help de-stress and keep my sanity in check. It was the one thing I know where I can be awesome and help me feel good about myself.
But lately, I guess everything is taking its toll on me. I no longer have the same swagger and mojo to play. I'm not even confident in my own game. With this loss of confidence, I have bad and lousy games, which I can't take. Playing was the one thing that can help me be awesome, but if I keep having bad games, what am I?
With all this said, I find myself no longer having fun playing. Which is really the point of playing - having fun. But now that I'm no longer having fun, I guess I should just walk away or stay away.
The Mrs says I'm in my head too much. I think too much. But that's what I am. I have 'high' standards to my play. I want to entertain, I want to keep the game sexy. But now I can't seem to do anything right.
How long will I be out? I have no idea. I need to find that spark that ignites my interest in playing again.

No comments: