Monday, March 5, 2012

The one with no more will and desire to play

I guess things just keep downhill for me. For the past couple of months, I have no desire and will to play. To make things worse, my game also is falling apart.
People who know me, will know that I'm one of those 'ever-present' kind of player. I will play where ever and whenever there is a game. Just to clarify, game here means either basketball or tennis or futsal. Now I don't play as much as I do, and also I'm not even half the athlete I used to be.
I used to take pride in the fact that I can play 3 types of sports in 4-5 days a week. Now I can't even make it for once a week. Even if I do show up, its just to help make the numbers and I only do selective running.
Coincidentally, as I write this, Spurs Malaysia will begin their selection process and training for the upcoming tournament in April. Last year, I would have been first to throw my name in the hat but now I'm contemplating whether I want to even tryout myself.
Is this the price I'm paying for playing too many games in the past few years? Have I really burned myself out for good this time?

No comments: