Saturday, August 30, 2008

The one with two karaoke sessions in one day

Managed to pull of another landmark for myself. Think once I pulled off more sessions than footballers play in a week. This time was two in the same day.
First session was during lunch with my office colleagues. It was an impromptu session. So when I came in I thought of performing at a minimal and voice conserving level. Knowing me, I still rocked out as usual. In my mind I was wondering how to rock later that night.
The night session was the main event for the entourage. One last session before the fasting month kicks off. Then again, as if we wouldn't be going then. I believe they do have buka puasa packages as they did last year. So attendees include the newly weds Farrish-Ida, Shah-Faizah, Amry-Mimi, Elina, Suraya and yours truly. We were missing one member Shahreza. I believe it was due to the fact that it was his mum's birthday and we probably were not invited for this year. Refer to last year's merdeka post here.
The session had a different twist in it. First we were given a room right in front of the waiting area. So we were visible to those waiting outside. But for us, audience or not, we will still rock on. Also, Amryl-Mimi bought along their new hobby to the fore, photography. They had a nice camera too, Nikon D40 (if I'm not mistaken). I had a hand in taking some shots. Felt like Peter Parker for once. Amryl also bought along his camcorder which surprisingly enough no one knew about it except me. I do hope we get to see the pictures on Facebook soon. As for the videos, I do hope we get to see the final cut.
As for the karaoke session, well lets just say we had a great time. Probably had more fun than going to Avril's concert which was held at the Merdeka Stadium. We sang almost every genre of music. I even had my hand at rapping due to the absence of Shahreza, the house Timbaland. I had to pull of both Justin and T.I. for the song My Love. Also we now have a new song to add to the list of 'must sing' which is Here In My Home.
After another sounding performance, I have no voice.

No comments: