Friday, August 31, 2007

The one with the Merdeka karaoke

My home nation celebrates its 50th year of independence. A lot has been said and mention about our nation progress and development since then.
I'm not going to go on about the Merdeka celebrations. Had a karaoke session of a different sort last night. Well it began with Shahreza's mum birthday gig at their crib in Glenmarie. Then later the whole family and friends went for a karaoke session at the Glenmarie golf club. ShahFaizah joined us also as well as friends of Shahreza's sister and also the drummer from Shah's band, Matthew and his Korean girlfriend Sona.
Since this is a different group and Shah's parents were there, I tried to make a point to BEHAVE. Since me and the usual karaoke gang arrived later Shah's sister and friends got things started. And they were all sitting down and not feeling it. I really tried to behave but lets just say I had to do something to get the party started. So when my songs started, I rose to the front and took the stage like our normal karaoke sessions. Oddly enough we started out with boyband numbers, before my rocks numbers allowed me to really start jumping around. Well I know I had great fun and hope I didn't leave any members of the audience with a traumatic experience. Besides, Shah's parents were glad that we were enjoying.
Well, with Farrish missing from the lineup we sang a tribute song for him, his favourite song, Careless Whisper (don't ask). While rocking the joint I didn't realize we passed the Merdeka countdown. Oh well, rock on!

No comments: