Thursday, July 10, 2008

The one where I feel I do way too much at work

A lousy day at work post. Actually there's been a lot of these, but think I should let you be the judge. Don't get me wrong. I am grateful for the opportunity to earn a living. But lately, I feel I do way too much. May I add, waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy tooooooooooooo much.
Okay, maybe its due to the fact that we are very shorthanded. One is on honeymoon, one on a week's MC, one extending his mandatory leave and another is the bank's superstar for tennis. Due to the absence of these colleagues, the ones left behind have to deal with the daily positions. We still get it done (somehow).
But then, due to one fellow on leave, system testing is now my gig. And I don't understand the test scripts left behind for me from my colleague. Today, the second cycle of phase two kicked off, and it took me a while to get started. Add that to a stupid progress report which is no longer relevant, but since finance department what to act busy, I have to get that done. Both of the above due tomorrow. Add that to the fact that (somehow) I'm in charge of the stupid loans rollovers which does not impact our daily positions. But reasons for the credit department to waste paper and destroy the environment. Also the fact that I'm the fall guy for everything that goes wrong by the operations. The way they call me out is via e-mail (at least save paper) and cc-ing it to all my bosses. And somehow clients look for me. Clients who have weird and funny instructions and with long maturity listings. Seriously, why me?
I'm grateful that in the time of shorthanded-ness I at least have one colleague who can act in the same wavelength. Unlike one, who complains and whines and complains and whines and kiss-ass. He picks his spots, picks his clients, picks his work for the day. Even when I ask him to help out, he complains and whines.
By the way, I've fallen sick.

No comments: