Friday, July 25, 2008

The one with what next?

Thank Go its Flyday. Another crazy week has gone by.Glad to see the end of it. Even though its just for a couple of days before it starts again.
First of all, just want to mention, I've watched the Dark Knight three times already.
So back to the topic at hand. Went for a mini-informal-interview a couple of days ago. Same job, same market except it's a new place and have to build up from scratch. Meaning establishing lines, networks and client base. A former colleague also went for the same interview earlier and we both agreed that we need each other on this. Because there is no way we can pull this off on our own. So far nothing has develop since.
Yesterday, I was offered an opportunity to move to another desk. It wasn't where I originally wanted to go. Had a discussion with my current boss about this. He said it would be a good move for me. To learn something new. To be rid of the external issues that hunt me at where I am now. I agree it will be a good change for me. And provide me with a new challenge.
So why am I not jumping for joy? They are not forcing me to move, but technically I am FORCED to move. Its one of those things. By moving, I know I have to give up what ever means I have of a social life. I might not be actively involved in futsal and gym. The hours will take me away from MY time. I for one don't work like them. I am not about work-first and work-last. There is more to life than work. I want to enjoy playing and hanging with my friends. Unlike them I have friends outside the office walls.
As I know I have no choice (unless the other offer comes along) I know I will regret moving. I probably shot myself in the foot then.
And next Monday will be one Monday I dread most.

1 comment:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

It's always difficult to adjust in the beginning. But once, you've mastered the environment and the process, it'll be easier then. Worse come to worse, you can just blow up the whole department or something.