Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The one where I felt out of my league

Can't believe that's my title today. And amazingly it has nothing to do with girls.
So before my official move, I spend my afternoon trying to learn the trade at my new desk. Theoretically I think I can pull it off. But practically I have no bloody idea what I'm doing. Really felt out of my league there. Anyways, all this I will have to learn and pick up as I go along. Its like I said in the earlier post, I'm a rookie again.
As for fitting in, I think I will just have to adapt. Here I know my witty one-liners and jokes would not be appreciated. Would probably fall on deaf ears. As my current colleagues pointed out earlier, this will be the last days you get to tell your jokes to people who actually listen. Yes, its a totally different group of people. Just hope I won't go nuts to bonkers, but I guess weekly karaoke sessions are in order to de-stress.
One thing I learn about my new team, I can't trust anyone. Currently market is not really moving, so they are nice and teaching me what I need to know. But once market moves, it will be a mad gold rush just to reach profit targets. So I need to let loose a ruthless killer instinct which I know is in me, somewhere. But as a friend once said, "keep your friends close, but your enemies dead".
I think soon I really have to keep my head up with a whole lot of positive motivations.


1 comment:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

Indeed that friend of yours is wise in many ways. By the way, a dead enemy is the best of enemies.