Friday, November 21, 2008

The one where my grandfather passed away

Just came back from my hometown, Kajang. My grandfather passed away earlier today at the age of 79. A sad day for the whole family.
I received a call from my sister informing that my grandfather just passed away. I took a cab to the hospital after that. I arrived in time before they wanted to bring the body for mandi jenazah. I was crying a river then, and had to be consoled by my mum and uncle. My mum told me he died peacefully in his sleep. And I was just there on his bedside the day before.
I along with my uncles assisted with the mandi jenazah ritual. After the solat jenazah, his body was brought back to Kajang. The weather itself was gloomy, but the rain stopped as we went to the cemetery for the burial. I helped out with the burial, but since it was after the rain, extra effort had to be put to lay the earth into the burial site. It did rain again after the burial was done.
Its weird when you lose something forever, random images come into mind. I remembered some moments with my grandfather when I was a kid growing up.

Haji Hashim
26 March 1929 - 20 November 2008

5 comments:

binx said...

im so sorry to hear about ur grandfather's passing.

may Allah bless his soul...
al-fatihah

Maggie said...

My condolences. Do take care.

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

Innalillah...

My condolences. Be strong & al-fatihah.

A RAY OF HOPE said...

From God we came, to God we will go.

My condolences.

igby said...

Hey, sorry for your loss. Condolences for you and your family.