Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The one with the long day at the hospital


Another long day for me. The whole daylight hours was spent at HUKM. Received a call from my mum as I was about to reach the office. My grandfather was in critical condition. So informed my colleagues and hitch a ride with my sister, as she drives to work these days (she just bought a new car).
Upon reaching the hospital, from the look of most of my relatives, they were all fearing the worse. My grandfather needs the aid of an oxygen machine to help him breathe. Even with that, you can sense the struggle for every breathe. My grandfather has Parkinson's, and from the doctor's x-rays, he has viral infection in his lungs and its spreading to his kidney. I for one, despite following a number of medical television series, (House MD) I'm no medical expert and wouldn't be able to explain further fearing of getting my facts wrong.
A lot of relatives came to visit. And I have to admit, we do have a large family due to my grandfather's "branches". And I also do not know most of them. The only way I knew they were family as we all have the same features.
Spent the whole afternoon at my grandfather's bedside, keeping him calm whenever his hands started to shake. Since he was on the breathing apparatus, he wasn't able to communicate. But I hope he manage to rest while I was at his bedside.
As of my time of leaving the hospital, my grandfather's condition stabilized, but still needs the oxygen support to breathe. As for what happens next, I have no idea.
Manage to join the futsal Wednesday session for a bit. Needed to just run out a bit. And for once, I didn't celebrate any of my goals. And in the last game, I banged in a hat-trick and dedicated it to my grandfather.
As for tomorrow, I do hope and pray for a clearer picture on my grandfather.

3 comments:

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

hay ya..

my new blog is faizahj.blogspot.com

update k..
thanks & take care

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

oh and m sorry to learn about your beloved grandfather. I pray that he will get better soon.

A RAY OF HOPE said...

I pray that your grandfather will get better and your family will be strong during this hard time.

The recitation of the Quran will ease the trepidation of the soul, so recite it when you're next to your grandfather. Peace my brother.