Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The one with the eventful Monday morning and Monday night and nothing else in between


Been a while since I came up with a title that didn't make any sense. And despite my busy schedule in management, I'm taking the time to write this post.
First of all, my brother-in-law's car was stolen this morning. The car was parked outside the house. Along with most of my neighbor's wheels. Kind of a shock for the family as it was still the early hours of the day (I leave home at 6.30AM). The look on my brother-in-law's face pictured his disbelief and shock. I'm not going into detail on the car theft. As not much can be done at the moment, and telling it would only bore you with what most people know. Malaysia is no longer safe and their thieves are no longer honorable to the code.
I for one believe that there is no honor among thieves these days. There was a time when you would steal from those who deserve to be robbed, mainly the corrupt. People who earn their living on our hard earn money. You don't steal from the common folk who are also struggling to make ends meet without robbing someone. That is the part that really pissed me off. What have my brother-in-law or my family done for that matter done to whoever stole the car?
Furthermore, to complicate matters, my sister was suppose to drive back to Penang this morning. Only for her to take the bus back. It also complicated things for my brother-in-law, as he had to go do the necessary paperwork and report. And we all know how helpful the people upholding the law and insurance companies can be when it comes to this. Especially the insurance companies. They will probably go all out to sell you whatever policy they can, and promising the claims will be done swiftly. Only for them to make us go from A to B to C and A again just to submit the claims. And after that who knows when we will get our claims.
A very frustrated me today. I for one having played the thief knows still abide by the code.
As for the Monday night. When I reached home, my mum told me that my grandfather is sick. Everyone is going to visit him at my uncle's place in Bukit Antarabangsa. Lately, my grandfather is not well, due to old age. But today he condition worsen. His condition stabilized later, and he was sent to the hospital for further observation.
I pray that he will be okay.


No comments: