Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The one with the first futsal game of 2012

Kicked off my futsaling activities last night. First game for 2012 and first futsal Tuesday kickoff for the year.
A very open game with plenty of end-to-end action. Goals galore since no one really cared about defence. I lost track of the final score.
I bagged a hat-trick and also laid out one assist. The first was simple enough, I collected a through-pass from Shanaz and side-footed the ball through the keepers legs. The second was an ESPN worthy highlight. Collected the ball in my own half, dribbled the ball all the way to goal beating everyone. Managed to squeeze in a shot when I stumbled after the keeper saved my initial shot. My third was scrappy. A goal-mouth scramble after I hit the post from a yard. My assist was a defensive clearance to Nasim who banged it home.
A good fun game overall.

No comments: