Thursday, January 12, 2012

The one with the poor service

Here is something different from all the sports related posts I've posted in 2012. Its about service and somehow either due to being in the wrong place at the wrong time or just damn dumb luck, I always seem to be the victim.
Let's begin with what use to be my favourite joint, Subway. As most of you know, I enjoy going to Subway. I promote it almost everyday on twitter. Every time and the Mrs go out, we must make sure there is a Subway chain in it. So one day, during lunch, I decided to go Subway. I went to an outlet where I'm a regular customer. When I arrived, I could smell the freshly baked bread. I thought to myself, "yeah, freshly baked bread". As I was just to make my order, the lady told me they ran out of bread. I in turned enquired and pointed out, "what is all this then, isn't this bread?". She told me the bread is to be delivered to another outlet. I was outraged. I thought all outlets have their own baking machines. Why must another branch bake for another?. And I am just one customer, don't tell me you can't serve me. I then left and thanked them loudly for the inability to serve one of their regulars.
I then vowed on twitter and facebook, that Subway has lost one of their regular customers. I know I'm being harsh because it is only one outlet, but for me, it just happened at the wrong time. While crossing the road to the Subway, a car ran over my feet. It was a red light for motorists and they somehow did not see people walking and crossing the road. And so, since then I haven't dined at Subway. It wouldn't teach them a lesson anyways, because they only lost one customer out of the million customers they have. Losing me as a customer would not effect their business revenues in any way. The Mrs in turn is relieved that my first suggestion for food is Subway sandwiches.
Next is my regular futsal and basketball joints.
For futsal, we have been regulars at this futsal joint for the past 8 years. I join 3 sessions there on Tuesday, Friday (though optional and cameo only) and Saturday.
Last Saturday we were asked to start later, at 5:20pm instead of at 5:00pm. The management cited the previous group started late. I said I was having none of it. They started late, that is their problem. My team knows the game is at 5 and they are all ready by 5 to 5. This is called time management. I got into a row with the group, telling them that they should manage their time properly. I told them, if there is no session after yours, then by all means, extend your playing time. But my session has been block-booked since 2004. We have been playing here way before they came. If you told me 5 more minutes maybe I can understand, but 20 minutes - no *bleep*-ing way. Told them we all have plans after the game, some have dinners or family events to attend and in my case go back to bathe my son. Maybe 20 minutes to you is nothing, but for me its very precious. In the end, the owner of the joint came in and told them to continue playing on another court.
Last night it was our basketball's joint to make a mess of things. The group has been playing since 2008 with a block-booked slot for Wednesday nights at 9:00pm. Last night they told us to start at 9:30pm. The previous week they messed up our 2-hour slot by double booking the 8-9 hour. So last night I gave them a piece of my mind (despite the fact I'm not the organizer for this session). I totally lost it when the guy told us that extending sessions is normal, since some people start late. I gave him the same earful as I did on Saturday. We also stated that this session has been block-booked since 2008, and the group before us only started playing last month. That group booked from 7:30pm to 9:00pm, but only came to play at 8:35pm. Well whose fault is that? In the end, I think the guy couldn't take it and when his boss arrived he ran away. The boss then said he did not authorize for the group to extend. So I guess the guy was messing around with the bookings.
Yes people, I do get angry when people mess around with my time.

No comments: