Saturday, September 8, 2007

The one with the farewell dinner, Izani's wedding, karaoke and bowling

Long title for this post as plenty of material this time around. Plenty to post, hopefully I'm still in the groove. As for the events, it all began on Thursday night till Saturday afternoon before my futsal Saturday session.
The farewell dinner was for Hazeriq and Melvin. Hazeriq suddenly resign on Wednesday and Melvin has completed his one month internship. As for Hazeriq's resignation, it came as a sudden surprise to everyone, but I guess he has his reasons. But for me, he rushed his decision. And he didn't consult or talk to anyone about wanting to leave the building. Anyways, all the best in your future plans.
My colleagues decided to hold a farewell for both Hazeriq and Melvin at Delicious One Utama, since both of them live within the One Utama radius. Attendees included my colleagues Marlini, Su Farn, Huzaila and Maz. We were later joined by Mr Yee and his wife Elsy. Food was good but the waitress was something else. Sweet girl and very good at her job. Working part time as she is still studying, her shifts are on Thursday and Friday. Sounds like an idea for buka puasa one Thursday or Friday.
As for Friday, double gig for me. First attend my colleague Izani's wedding at Merak Kayangan. After that, a karaoke session. One last show before the fasting month. But as I recall, we did buka puasa karaoke last year. The rockers include Shahreza, Farrish-Ida, Shah-Faizah and newbie Nadya (hopefully she was not traumatized by our performance). Well last night a lot of new songs performed including Linkin Park's What I've Done, Justin Timberlake's SexyBack and our new favourite which will be included in the "must-sing-during-karaoke-session-list" Mika's Grace Kelly. We all had fun singing, jumping and dancing to the tune. As well try to imitate his voice.
However, last nights session took an ugly twist. Lets just say there were issues and 4 of the 7 were missing most of the session. But those who remained, tried to make the best of it. Felt if we had the whole group, would have been more fun. But at least its good to know that things have worked out. For me, despite my efforts to keep the place rocking, its not the same without everyone. Hopefully our next vocal exercise session will turn out differently.
I entered a bowling tournament under my bank's sports club. Well my scores impress anyone, but I joined for fun. But bowling organized by PPKM is a whole lot fun, or maybe because I'm still relatively unknown to AM. As for my scores I hit 107-149-131. Didn't do any training prior to the tourney, so my first game was "finding-rthym-game". Began to pick up in second frame, but when it came to the third frame, the cross-lane team resorted to time wasting tactics by going MIA. Their delays really put me of my groove. And the door gift was a t-shirt. A Scouser-red t-shirt. Red really doesn't work for me.
Still made an appearance for futsal Saturday, even though I was half-an-hour late, but promised the guys I'll come as numbers were not promising. Still manage to produce one moment of inspirational genius-like magic. With the fasting month coming up, I guess my futsal sessions will take a break and be held as per need-to-play basis and subject to availability of players.
One last note, somehow I made an appearance in Off The Edge September issue. Check it out if you have time. Hehe.

No comments: