Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The one with the post without any direction and theme aka random ramblings

Merdeka has come and gone. Now we all return to our relatively normal boring daily routine (well me anyways). Nothing much has happen after the Merdeka karaoke. Kept pretty much to myself indoors playing Madden and playing futsal with the Friday and Saturday groups.
Well futsal Friday had a new female addition to the team. Didn't catch a name (don't know why I always keep forgetting to get a name). Anyways she a girlfriend of one of the college students that join the group. All I can say is I'm impressed on what she can do. She's small in stature as well as speedy Gonzalez like. She's mastered the basics as well as can perfect one-two moves, hit a shot on target and the one thing I was most impressed is that she chipped the ball over 2 or 3 players to pass to an open man. Nows there something you don't see everyday. Anyways due to the large number I played in goal most of the time since I wanted to maximize playing time. She had three shots on target and I manage to keep two of them out. Her goal I conceded was expertly taken, one-on-one (my futsal groups play no defence), I was expecting her to go to my far post (as that's what I would do) but the took the shot to my near post and went past my right shoulder. Great goal and even I applauded the goal.
Futsal Saturday was normal. A lazy game as I think the lazy holiday got to everyone. As for futsal Tuesday, we had a large number and I spent most of the game in defence. But what I really don't understand why everyone thinks they are Cristiano Ronaldo. They feel they can beat and take on players when there isn't much playing room and you have 2 or 3 open teammates screaming for the ball. They didn't generate much offence and my attempts to build up play was foiled by my surprising failure to deliver my thread-through-the-needle like passes. At least I did my part by playing some defence including a goal line clearance.
As for work, I've been really slacking as of late. My main job functions I still perform at a high level. But its the small administrative details is where I've been slacking. Will spare the details, but I know I should do better.
Will be participating in a bowling tournament this weekend. Not much of a bowler, but just join for fun. Lets see how it goes.

1 comment:

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

lets go for a last karaoke gig before puasa this weekend!!

jom laaaaa...