Thursday, September 20, 2007

The one with the latest headlines

Been a tough week again for me. Just glad tomorrow is Friday and hopefully Futsal Ramadhan kicks off tomorrow night as well. I am still drained EMP, and in need of a break soon. But my confirmation period ends in another two months. However, my boss has given me an opportunity for a break by allowing me to take leave during the Eid season. I usually don't take leaves during Eid since I prefer to save my leaves for other occasions.
Anyways, currently the headlines has been dominated by the child in bag story. Which some claim has connections to a missing child case. Earlier in the week the parents came to identify the body and they say it wasn't their child. However latest reports as of today show DNA tests prove it was their child. I for one as at time of writing am still not sure who the kid is. But the fact the the child was a victim of some sick sex maniac really makes me want to go on a lightsaber + force choke + force lightning rage against these sexual predators especially little kids. The world is no longer safe for kids and soon parents will be living in an age of paranoia since these beings disguised as humans somehow are still at large. We talk about wanting to be a great nation, but if the safety of its population especially the next-generation is not taken care of, the dream of greatness will might as well be shelved. Anyways, I hope that the child is safe somewhere, but if tests do prove otherwise it is another sad loss to the nation. It was mention the child is a diabetic, and without the regular prescribed dose of insulin, I fear for the child's safety for the past month she has been missing. This is not the first case as many cases has been reported the past few years. It saddens me that the grief the parents fo through would be too much too much to bear. We can only talk and place blame on the situation. But in the end action is needed and i fear what we are doing is not enough.
Guess that's my first attempt on a serious issue where my flair can't be used. Now for something that also came to a shock but somehow it was expected. The 'resignation' of Jose Mourinho, Chelsea's manager. I am not a Chelski fan, but have too admit I am going to miss the colour The Special One has brought to the Premiership. He has been a breath of fresh air with his antics and style. Which if you have notice is part of his modus operandi. He wants to shift the media attention to him so his players can just go out there and play football. It did work especially in his first two seasons, but after Roman Abromovich's expensive divorce, he has more time for the club and suddenly wants in on first team affairs by bringing in his friends. So between the billionaire owner and the special one, someone had to go and it isn't going to be the man who invested his millions. Well, Jose, our favourite Portugeezer, all the best in your future and hopefully you'll find a club where you have full control of first team affairs.
Then again, we can't have things the way we want it. As long as we understand that, hopefully we can deal with it.

No comments: