Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The one with a lot to cramp in one post

Well a lot to write here. Not sure if I can remember a lot from the past week. Especially the recently long (and welcome) weekend. And as I write this my whole body is aching in pain with a capital P and A and I and N. Think I should add !!! for good measure.
Well last Saturday had a bowling training session with my teammates for next this Saturday's tourney. The session was to get the feel of the game after not playing in ages. And my game was totally off. Managed a measly 100 average after 3 games. There were moments of sheer brilliance, but like I said, moments.
Also last Saturday had an impromptu karaoke with Farrish. He needed to kill time while waiting for the fiancee who was stuck at work. So we totally rocked the house. We even did a Micheal Jackson medley but couldn't pull off Billie Jean, David Cook style as the music wouldn't allow it. Also rocked out a whole lot of rock tunes so our voice wasn't there after the session.
After picking up Farrish's fiancee Ida, we went for drinks in Subang. Somehow we talked about our childhood and how strict our parents were.
Sunday night had a corporate dinner. Our client EON had their charity dinner and long-service award ceremony. The only great thing from the dinner was Noryn Aziz. Totally fell in love again. She has a great voice (unlike me) but like me we can pull off a variety of tunes. My colleagues and guest were all introduced to Noryn Aziz and were blown away.
Right now to why my whole body is in pain. Recently I enrolled to a fitness centre in Subang Parade. Felt it was high time I did something before I balloon into the Marshmallow Man. My personal trainer pointed out that my heart rate and blood pressure is good. Sadly that cannot be said about my BMI. I 'scored' a 27. And my weight has shot up to 95 kilos. He also put me through some weight exercises. My weakness was pretty much obvious. I'm weak, and really have trouble with weight exercises which require pushing. However the pulling exercises was a breeze for me. And also my abs are damn weak.
After the 2 day (Sunday and Monday) weight training my arms and chest are in severe pain. I hope that means its working. I can't even lift my arms higher than my shoulder. Which results in some difficulty when I pray.
Also a fun note, my iPod has been 'jailbreaked'. Had the assistance of my colleagues brother. So now I can do more fun things with my iPod.
Lastly, the reason I'm in a flow (blogging wise) is due to the fact that futsal Tuesday was canceled due to insufficient numbers. In the end I went home early and hopefully will get to rest my aching body.

No comments: