Sunday, September 21, 2008

The one where I need a new beginning

I guess fasting month has really been a quiet month. Not much activity. Except there were two karaoke posts which I should have posted. And also pending one session next week, hopefully.
Work as of late, no signs of improvement. Improvement here refers to the environment. It really took a lot of colour away from me. No longer the smiling one. No more witty one-liners. Even if there was, no one seems to get it. And I have been warned by the person who I replaced at that unit to be careful. Everyone there is capable of backstabbing. As you know the only way for me to overcome this is by taking to heart the line "keep your friends close and your enemies dead".
Anyways, I've decided my future lies away from where I am. Besides the 'work sucks', another reason to leave is due to frustration. I've seen friends who started the same time as me has made it to the big leagues. Market-wide recognition and stardom. You can say I'm jealous of my friends achievements. And yet, not given the opportunity to get there. This is where office politics come into play.
Anyways, as I once told a friend which I now have to remind myself. What does not kill you makes you stronger.
So if any of you know any alternative opportunities for me to venture in, please let me know.

No comments: