Thursday, September 4, 2008

The one with my KK trip

I guess most of you have viewed our 7 minutes of youtube fame. God save us.
Anyways, I just came back from Kota Kinabalu, Sabah last night. Was there for 2 days 1 night, on a business and marketing trip. Had to pull off 5 meetings in one and a half days. I went with my senior Jacqueline, Poh a local Sabahan working in KL and Emily our representive from the KK branch. I will spare you the details of the meetings.
It's my first trip to KK, in fact first trip to East Malaysia. And I fell in love with the place when I arrived. I knew I had to come back again one day and probably on a non-fasting month. I've heard so much about the food and didn't have the chance to sample it all. Besides the food, the sights were beautiful and this was the time I forgot to bring my camera. There were a lot of pictures waiting to be taken.
So my first taste of KK food was during buka puasa. Poh brought us to a seafood restaurant. And it must have been the tastiest seafood dinner I had since Melaka last year. Being a KK boy he sure knows where to go for food. The restaurant allowed us to pick our meat. There was aquariums of fish, crabs, lobsters, etc. Manage to take some pictures with my camera phone. But I have no idea what you call it. If you know, kindly let me know.
We were joined for dinner by a friend Poh made on his flight back (he went back early due to the long weekend). Our new friend is Nicole from the US Virgin Islands. And from her Facebook, she has been around the world. I still haven't browsed through her photos. There is too many. Sadly her trip to KK hasn't been a pleasant one. Mainly due to being overcharged for everything. Guess that's why she enjoyed dinner that night. Able to enjoy food we Malaysians enjoy food.
Also, in our last meeting, we had a great view. I view I can get use to. I'm a fan of sun, surf and sea. No idea what I'm doing in an concrete jungle. Manage a couple of shots from my camera phone.
So now I leave you with some shots from KK.









1 comment:

A RAY OF HOPE said...

Urgh... I hate KK... there's almost nothing there to see... But of course when you have been there as many times as I did, then you would understand (I went to KK 24 times in 2004). Go to Ranau, and sleep at the foot of Mount Kinabalu..heavenly... or go to Kudat/Sandakan/Tawau for REAL seafood...