Sunday, April 5, 2009

The one where I was happy even for a while

Still in the 'should I move on or keep trying phase'. Though it would be easy to move, since it's a familiar process for me. Maybe because this time around I was really 'lovestoned' and happy.
Well one memory in that short period of time still sticks. The night where I picked her up from the airport. Probably that week sticks out for me too.
She had to go to Kota Bahru some an event. She left on a Tuesday. Had dinner with her on Monday night. She was suppose to come back on Friday, but managed to get an earlier flight back on Thursday.
That period while she was away, I felt what it was like to miss someone (okay I know it was only 2 days). I felt what is was like when the one you cared about was not within the radius. I made full use of the communication tools available. I tried my best to keep her company while she was alone in her hotel room. I stayed awake with her until she wanted to sleep.
The night I picked her up at the airport, I just couldn't wait for work to end. I knew I had time (her ETA was 2100 hours), went to pick up some cupcakes for her.
While waiting in the arrival hall, the last scene from Wicker Park was in my head. Even though it didn't really have any relation, but the setting was similar. Don't know how many times my heart skipped beats waiting for her to come out.
When she finally came out, it must have been the happiest I felt in ages. We hugged and felt the warmth of each other's embrace. We both knew then how much we missed each other.
That period with her, was the happiest I've been in ages. At least I knew what it was like to be normal. Being able to feel love.
Okay, I'm kinda sleepy now. Till next time.