Friday, June 15, 2007

The one with the last-minute karaoke

Another karaoke session for yours truly. I bet you're all wondering how I really sing. Honestly I can sing to save my life, but I just enjoy being 'me' during karaoke. Also a way to 'de-stress' for me. It really does help get it out of the system.
It started as dinner at Ikea. The usual hot dog-chilli dog-drink combo for us. Dinner was with Farrish and the male half of ShahFaizah. We sat outside as my friends had the need to smoke. Outside sitting allows you to enjoy some light relaxing tunes while we eat or smoke for that matter. Then Shah uttered "how about karaoke?". I was having a sense of deja vu as the last time the three of us had Ikea hot dogs we ended up at Red Box , The Curve. I was pretty much game for it as I'm one of those ever-ready to perform players. However I was worried as the last time we karaoke after hot dogs I saw my dinner in reverse.
We went for a wide variety but still belted out the usual tunes. The choice of songs is still not up to date. So had to make do with what was available. Felt alive and rocking after what happen during last Friday's karaoke. It was nice to just jump around and dance without having anyone thinking if I was on something. Maybe I can only be myself rocking the joint with my friends but have to behave with office mates.
In case you are wondering if the three of us knows it was a work night, yes we do. And I have no voice and not sure how I'll be able to work tomorrow.

No comments: