Sunday, June 10, 2007

The one with the Melaka trip

Just got back from Melaka. Went with Farrish-Ida and Shah-Faizah. Planned as a bachelor gig for Shah ended up as a get together. Ended up as tour de Melaka and seafood dinner and a Starbucking experience in Melaka.
We all went in one car, Farrish's mums car. For me, it felt good being co-pilot even though I offered to help out with the driving duties. Along the way Faizah pulled out a sudoku puzzle dated 26 January 2007 which she still has yet to solve. I offered to help finish it. Completing a sudoku puzzle in the co-pilot seat isn't as easy as I thought. But I manage to focus and finish the puzzle in half an hour. Arrived in Melaka town and went around to see the sites. Just walked around looking for photo opportunities and such. The Farrish had to make a pit stop to meet his brother and pass some items. After that we began the trip for dinner. I was very hungry already as I didn't have lunch, then again everyone in the car was already hungry by the the we headed for food. Dinner was at Medan Ikan Bakar, Muara Sungai Duyung. I'm not much of a seafood expert, so I left it to Shah to order. We had a variety of food as you can see in the pictures below. The meal overall was an experience itself. The food was damn good. Been some time since I last enjoyed seafood. I myself can't really take seafood, but as long as I lay off the prawns I should be fine.

The Ikan Bakar place

The appetizers

The main dish

The after shot
After the meal, we were all stuffed and I think I could be used for a human sacrifice. As we got into the car we decided to wrap it up with some coffee at Starbucks in Mahkota Parade. Had the usual Caramel Macchiato. Coffee was needed to keep everyone awake in the car for the ride home. One thing we all did when we were in the car was sing. Sing to whatever was playing on the radio. Just to keep everyone lively and active. But once we hit the highway Ida, Faizah and Shah fell asleep. So I had to keep Farrish company as he broke every land speed record there is. Didn't even realize we were going that fast, must be the V-TEC. Guess we all had a long day and the next thing we need is sleep. Which seems right about now for me.

No comments: