Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The one with the two-sides of me

I can't really think of a cool intro and don't really plan to waste my time on it. Not while my creative juices are flowing, before I hit the wall again.
Things as of late has been going well for me. I'm enjoying myself at work, having fun at futsal again and not really stuck at any boredom or life sucks point. Anyways before I continue, I know from experience life is never this kind to me.
Work so far has been an experience. Been at my new gig for one-and-a-half months. Think I got the hang of the system, although its not user-friendly. My fellow colleagues have been very helpful and all. And my boss has recommended some self-improvement books to me. Although I'm more the Gaiman or Greek epics type, I thought of seeing what his type of reading material has to offer. I feel I'm in and environment where greatness is within my grasp. Its no longer a question of 'if' but 'when'.
Futsal as of late has been a blast. Enjoying the Tuesday and Saturday sessions. Yesterday's game was a whole lot of fun. Another showcase of sexy-futsal at its best. An offensive juggernaut banging in goals left right and centre. Build-up play was an exhibition of grace and skill. And me, still manage to pull of some fancy moves while dancing the left wing. Its one of those games you don't want to end. I felt I can go on entertaining.
Now for the ugly part. Re-joined futsal Wednesday and in my current form, I thought I can continue and show the group I'm more than another tall nerd who doesn't belong in the court with them (some of them see me as that). Form-wise I continued where I left off from last night. Gliding my way around the court, creating space and scoring opportunities for my fellow team-mates. I figured my new creative control of the game pissed one of the guys off. He has a tendency off 'unintentionally' kicking people out of the game. Especially those who are in good flow. Maybe the sight of me having fun, running rings around his team made him forget that the group just wants to have fun.
First he deliberately kicked my leg after I made my shot on goal. Pretty obvious of his intentions as this was not the first time he done this. Well after that I kicked-in my arrogant mode. I could have retaliated as I know I am capable of dishing it back to him 10 times the pain. Since he likes to make malicious tackles I can just use my elbow and give him a shot in either his face or chest. However, I chose not too. Decided to respond with a solo run by beating him as the last man, as they say in basketball the killer crossover. Managed to pull it off, had him falling as I beat him with a new trick I pulled off from Tuesday's session and finished with the simple side foot shot. All this done with grace without using any form off brute force. I did not finish there. Flipped my jersey in his face twice, giving him the message "how do you want it". From there on, the arrogance was flowing in full force. Until he decided it was time to really kick me out of the game. I pretty much had him where I wanted, and was prepared to pull-off something from the Christiano Ronaldo book of tricks before he pulled a cheap shot on me. I left the court immediately as I know none of the other guys wouldn't dare stand up to him and lend me a hand.I figured they have been together for some time and there was a bond between them. And I was the guy that help make up the numbers.
I realize a difference between the groups I organize and the groups I join. For my sessions, I try to make sure the game is fun and if there is a new face to the team, we would all make him or her feel welcome. If anyone is hurt, I try to assist in anyway possible. I also try to help them get the 'debut goal' if possible. However for groups I don't organize, I get no love no matter how 'highlight-worthy' and 'team-first' I play. And because of that I couldn't give a rats ass if you are hurt and in pain in need of medical attention. I will enjoy the sight of him on the floor in pain and at my mercy and don't expect me to lift a finger to help.
Hopefully surfing penguins can help brighten up my mood or mode.

No comments: