Saturday, June 9, 2007

The one with the mixed-week

This whole week has been very mixed for me. There are days where things just 'clicked' into place and days where they 'clucked'. As of my last post, the only fun part of the week was futsal Tuesday.
Well it was only a matter of time before work gets to me. Mostly small stuff, so I'm trying to not let it get me. Issues with difficult customers and operations unit. I seriously believe my customer expects me to read her mind because she seems to have limits on words spoken per day and somewhat demanding just because she works with the big boys and has loads of funds which somehow still can't do deposits on clean basis. I make it a point to pick-out her contracts in the morning so when she calls I'm ready. But yesterday she was covering for her colleague and she didn't mention which was the accounts because she already confirmed earlier. Spent a good 5 minutes trying to find what I missed out. Well in the end a colleague of mine bailed me out.
Anyways not sure if any of you understood paragraph above. Honestly I do have trouble explaining what I do.
As for operations unit, well I don't mind if they pick on me for my mistakes, but if the contracts were not raised by me don't look for me. I believe the printouts do state contracted raised by whom. I know small stuff, but it does frustrate you especially when you need to get things done.
Last night join my new colleagues for a farewell gig. He's from the fixed-income desk so I figured I might as well join since I believe people are till wondering 'who the hell is that kid'. They organized a karaoke session at Neway, Berjaya Times Square. Solidified my reputation as a mic-hogger and they had to take the mic away from me. Honestly I did promise myself to behave and play nice, but it seems they were so passive. I tried to rock the joint but to no avail. So pretty much I made a fool of myself. And they didn't keep the play list moving. Wasted like a good ten minutes because people were still trying to pick a song. And there I was screaming in my head "oh my God!!!'. Didn't stay till the end as made last minute arrangements to meet a friend for drinks at Coffee Hut.
I believe the Coffee Hut session really saved the week. At least it ended on a positive note.

No comments: