Wednesday, November 21, 2007

The one with 3 days in one post

So an eventful first half to the week. And no I did not go to the Nadal-Gasquest game. Speaking of which if the names don't end with an 'ova' then I'm not interested in going.
Well on Monday I joined my office colleagues for a round of badminton. I have not played for almost a year so my game was expected to be off. But to my surprise I played at a reasonable level and still have court awareness except at times I know in my mind I can make / get that shot. Also there was a basketball court nearby so I shot some hoops for a bit. Well at least my mechanics were still there, just wrist management needed work. Nice to see so rainbow-high-arcing shots go through the hoop. My office colleagues plan to make it a weekly event so probably I have a chance to work on my game. Find that level of semi-Jordan-esque.
Tuesday was futsal as usual. Sadly as of late the numbers for the Tuesday group has been disappointing. I have to call up most of my Saturday group friends to join. Even an hour before game time I still can't confirm whether the game is on. But this group has been playing together for the past 5 years, but I have to understand that family commitments and work is a factor. Also not forgetting injuries and surgeries. Due to 'age' some people don't heal as Wolverine-like as before. Even myself have been playing hurt after pulling a hamstring last Friday. But due to unconvincing numbers I have to make an appearance. Knowing me, I still haven't learn to pace myself and still insist of playing at a high-sexy-football level. But I decided to rest for Wednesday and Friday sessions, but will return for Saturday's kick-off.
Earlier today, I had to report to our disaster-recovery-site for our annual training. Had a rough morning as a lot of calls directed to me as well as certain clients who just want to make things difficult. If only I mastered the art of force-choking via the telephone. To me it was more of a disaster there than a real-life disaster.
Had a small discussion with my boss towards end of day since everything that needs to be done has been done. More like filling in the time before leaving. My boss has been trying to make me embrace 'The Game' and use it in daily life. He even asked me to ask one of the girls from the site out for drinks (part of my KPI he says). Well I didn't do it as I know that the girl he suggested is already seeing someone. However he did advise one thing, when asking a girl out get rid of that ridiculous grin of yours. Try to act serious and cool. So now I think I should learn to stop grinning that ridiculous grin of mine, which maybe could be why girls don't take me seriously.
So how do I stop grinning that grin I do?

1 comment:

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

i'm sure there will come a time when u'll meet a girl who adores your grin...

i say, keep grinning!