Monday, November 26, 2007

The one with niece's brithday bash, her first adidas and Natalie Portman

My niece turn 1 on October 6, but we held her super-belated-birthday-bash yesterday (25th November). Reason being since her birthday fell during fasting month, then we had Eid and my little sister was going through her finals.
A small gathering of family and friends. I myself invited the entourage and some of my office colleagues (thanks for coming). It was a tea-time event so we had simple dishes and snacks. We also had door gifts, but you have to be a kid to get one. Her birthday cake had an icing of Elmo. Don't know how we are suppose to eat Elmo, but the cake was chocolaty good.
And what did I get my niece. After all the suggestions I received on my Facebook, I went with my original idea. A pair of adidas shoes (which I know she'll outgrow in 6 months). I didn't want to get her a toy because most of the toys are unsuitable for her age and most of them were made in China. Still it was cute, her first adidas.
Took the Monday off to send my car for servicing. Found out I need to change my timing belt, and that would cost me an arm and a leg. Good thing I (almost) cleared my credit card balance.
After that I went to catch a couple of movies. Went back-to-back today. Watched Hitman and Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Both were watchable and movies to just kill time. I don't recall ever finishing a Hitman game though. As for
Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, I just went for it for Natalie Portman. Its one of those movies you'll fall in love with Natalie (again). Yes, I'm a big Natalie Portman fan.
And I've just became Natalie Portman's fan in Facebook.

No comments: