Saturday, November 10, 2007

The one with the PPKM Annual Dinner

Last night was the Persatuan Pasaran Kewangan Malaysia annaul dinner. The event where everyone is dressed to kill and where the lucky prizes are worth winning (there were a couple of Ipod Touch but my lucky draw draught continues). Anyways I honestly believe the lucky draw is 'fixed' as most of the winners are the who's who.
The night started early for me, since I was there early anticipated a traffic jam that never came. Felt kinda lost earlier on, since I didn't even recognize half of the people there. Guess there are really a lot of fresh new faces in the market and being their first time, they were really dressed to kill.
The dinner theme was 'Bling, Glamour Bling'. Emceed by Nell Ng and guest appearance by Phua Chu Kang (again) and music performances by Azman Warren. The dinner was held at KL Hilton. After two straight years going as Clark Kent/Superman I decided to go for something different this year. People will get bored of the red and blue and I didn't want to be typecast. This wear I drew inspiration from one of the NBA's best dressed, Dwyane Wade. Something clean and simple. Managed to find my bling, a necklace chain thing with what Arnold Schwarzenegger calls 'just a leaf'. My additional prop was subject to a lot of people's toying. Since it spins, everyone wants to play with it. And for my efforts I (somehow?) won 3rd place for Best Dressed.
The food kind of sucked and they dragged the dinner too long to accommodate some fashion show by the sponsor who just want to promoted their bling. Everyone was really waiting for the lucky draws but again I didn't win.
As the night went on, I bump into a lot of familiar faces. It was nice to see everyone again even though most were them were pissed drunk. Anyways I left early as I didn't want to get caught in traffic of what seems to be a very small car park (for a 5-star hotel) and probably there be a lot of drunk drivers.
An eventful night but the event could use some tweaking for next year.

No comments: