Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The one with the five

Just decided to go with a weird title with no relation to what I'm posting. Well maybe there is, well maybe I will just list down five random points or events or news from the past few days.
One, word out for my injured friend Shahrizan. Found out he has a torn ligament and broken bone chips (hope I got that right, if the Mrs is reading please re-confirm). The injury was way much worse than expected. Now I've lost 2 teammates to injury. I fear an exodus will follow in the wake of this and the futsal session players will be depleted. Even if we try to be careful and not do a 'Martin Taylor' there will still be one or two over-zealous robust jokers who just want to inflict pain on someone. Nowadays I try to play smart instead of relying on skills and talent. Pace myself and let the game flow with precise ball placement.
Two, had an impromptu karaoke session last weekend with Farrish and Shahreza. I believe these unplanned sessions are a whole lot fun. And it all began while we were listening to Backstreet Boys...I mean Bon Jovi in Farrish's car. We were listening to an old CD from Farrish's days in college. From there we just went with the flow to rock the house. Its safe to say (or not) that my karaoke groove is back.
Three, I really need to lose weight. That seems to be the first comment I get every time I meet some friends I haven't met in ages. Just told them I spend my money on food since I have no one to spend/pamper/spoil my money with. Changing my dietary habits by cutting out rice from my diet. But also need to figure out alternative exercise habits since futsal hasn't really help.
Four, word up to my friend Shahreza. He recently join the Telekom rowing team. They will be competing in some water festival event at the end of the month. Make the entourage proud dude.
Five, its reported the New York governor Eliot Spitzer spent $80,000 on sex. The question is, who's money was it? Money from his own pocket or the New Yorkers.
Damn, that was harder than I thought.

1 comment:

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

yup. shah had torn his ligaments in 2 places. and apparently, according to the doc he has a bone chip about 1 and half inch behind his knee cap. he's been in cement since more than 3 weeks ago. the doc still cant confirm the severity of the injury, since the knee is still in acute period and we'll have to wait until tuesday next week where he will x-ray again. that will determine if he needs a surgery or not.

sekian laporan saya..

p/s: jom karaoke!