Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The one with the goal-scoring fun

Just got back from futsal. And boy did I really need a session like that. The setting was perfect. Just after the rain, sufficient number of players and wide open spaces for me to exploit. Plus the fact I scored a number of wonder goals.
As to why I needed this session, well besides the need to run is that the past few days have been a real downer for me. Things just not going right, everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I needed to just let it all out. Tried talking to someone about it, but who? So why not bang in goals left, right and centre. Had a number of highlight reel goals. My favourite was the back to the goal and defender and flick the ball over the defender for the bullet volley. That was pure class. Also proved to people that I can score with my left foot. Scored two crackers with it.
Oh well what else. Oh yeah, ShahFaizah had their housewarming last weekend. Pot-luck event, as usual I made my olio pasta. Not sure if it was a hit, since most of the guests arrive later when I was about to leave. But the early-bird dishes was my pasta, sate, some jelly like desert and chips. Only later did the chicken (uncle Sanders chicken) and some other dishes I can't recall since I was stuffed with pasta and sate by then. As for their crib, very nice place. Love the kitchen (and not because of the mirrors on the kitchen wall).
Okay, time to log off. Having a really bad headache.


1 comment:

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

thanks! your pasta was amazing! i'm still wondering why a man (who can cook by the way) like you doesnt have a girl.. hmm.. life works mysteriously..