Saturday, March 29, 2008

The one with the Persian film, Cease Fire

A new first for me. Catching a Persian film at GSC International Screens. I was recommended to watch this film by my colleague. And may I say, a very excellent film.
Well I'll give a brief description about the film, as it has very limited screenings. It starts as a married couple looking to file a divorce. The wife Sayeh arrives first, followed by the husband Yousef. The wife was looking for the divorce lawyers office, only to end up at a therapist's office. The therapist, hang on, if you put a space between the e and r you will get the rapist, interesting. Back to the story, the therapist takes an interest in Sayeh's case and asks what is wrong with the marriage. So she tells what the couple goes through. The therapist advises that the marriage can still be saved. After Sayeh leaves the office, Yousef comes by the therapist's office demanding to know what his wife was doing there. The therapist then hears the story from Yousef's side of the story. He then advise the couple to take a break from each other and during the break, he provides the couple a video of how to help mend things, by looking within themselves. He guides them through the process with a series of exercises of understanding one's self. To me that was cleverly done.
The movie itself shows a modern Iran. The married couple driving European cars (BMW and Pegeout), working as engineers, in a very modern crib with very posh furniture.
And below I want to share my favourite scene from the film. One of their many childish antics against each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Celulite, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://eliminando-a-celulite.blogspot.com. A hug.