Friday, May 11, 2007

The one where I got sick of futsal

Been some time since my last post. Maybe still adjusting back to the working hours and early nights. As of today its been my first full week completed at my new gig (no cause for celebration though).
I bet most people wouldn't believe that I said what I posted as the title. Since most people know me as one who plays futsal religiously. This is not the first time its happen though. Last time it happen was a couple of years ago. But that was due to burnout. Took two weeks off then and came back better than ever and pretty much in the form of my life.
As for currently I can list it as a combination of burnout and off-form and maybe pretty much suck at the game. Maybe I can conclude it as I'm no longer enjoying the game. Its not as fun as it use to be. Sexy-futsal is now becoming a lost art. As a certain Micheal Jordan once said 'the moment I don't enjoy the game is the moment I walk away' or something along the lines. So am I really going to walk away. Don't bet on it. I just need a break from the game. Maybe cut the games I play a week by half.
I figured I need to do something different. Maybe pick up a different activity. Supposed to do diving but thats been on my 'to-do' list since forever. Rock-climbing was shortlived. Maybe I should give cycling a shot also. Can cycle in my free time around the neighbourhood. Maybe I should play racket sports like tennis or badminton or what the heck squash, seems to be doing Nicol David wonders. Racket sports sound fun and the availability is there. Just find one friend (or three if playing doubles) and a court as well as the necessary equipment.
Anyone up for a game and the opportunity to beat the crap out of me?

1 comment:

Jeffrey Norman said...

you can join my nadal-wannabes-but-sadly-too-old tennis group....