Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The one with the Chilling Waterfall

Today is my final day of 'gardening leave' before I commence work tomorrow. To cap it off I went to Chilling Waterfall in Kuala Kubu Bahru. You could say it was my day with nature and water. One last activity to end my leave with a bang...I mean splash.
My tour guide was Hafizah as she is very familiar with the area and also a regular there (she knows the tour guides there). It is a very nice place to get away from the hassles of city life. I have to admit once I was there, all my problems were a light years away. To make things more fun it wasn't crowded, only two groups today. So there was plenty of water to play with for everyone. When we reach a place to swim I was like a kid unleashed into the biggest toy store.
On our way up we stop at two places to swim, first a the mid-point and then at the waterfall. There was a lot of fishes in the water as the place was under the Fishery Department jurisdiction. They are fine with people coming to visit as long as they don't make a mess. The water was chilling (hence the name) and clear. Felt like I could just swim all day and also wish the day didn't have to end. Yes, I have this thing for the water especially beaches and waterfalls. I just like being in the water. I also tried one of the jumps from one of the jump-off points. Just jump into the middle of the pool and let the current push you to the pool. The adrenaline rush was like wow. On our way down had another swim at the mid-point. You could say I just didn't have enough of the water.
It was one of the most fun experiences I've had in a while. Maybe its been a long time since I got in touch with nature. The whole experience is really hard for me to put into words. So I'll post some pictures for you all to see.





4 comments:

mmmm said...

which part of Kuala Kubu Bahru ? Is it yg ikut Karak Highway before Bentong tu? Nice...

Unknown said...

its the road heading to frasers..exit toll at tanjong malim and follow the sign to kkb, its near some dam

binx said...

wow.. the pics r very tempting... thanks for the info.. love to check the place out real soon..

happy working buddy

A RAY OF HOPE said...

That sounds nice. I've been wanting to go to KKB for awhile but never did manage to find the time or opportunity.

BTW, Happy working at the new place.