Tuesday, May 1, 2007

The one with another karaoke session

A long day today. As my break nears its end, I realized I had lots to do (and tax returns was not one of them, settled that last week). More in the lines of shopping for particular items.
Well purchased new office wear in shirts, socks and belt. Had no luck with ties though, since couldn't find a particular design I like. Also bought some new reading material, a novel titled This Book Will Save Your Life by A.M. Homes. I figured I needed something to read on the train once I rejoin the workforce.
Later that night I join Hafizah, Rafiq, Lenny and KA for karaoke. Yes, my second performance in three days. Talk about an encore. Even the staff at Red Box Sogo still recognized me (I should get loyalty discounts or privileges). Pretty much a last minute gig, as no one had any idea what to do. Manage to get reservations despite the fact it was the eve of a public holiday.
This time the session I let the others take over as I couldn't think of what song to sing. The playlist of this group varies from the 4Fs and 2Shahs playlist as their song selection is from 80s. Most of them I have not heard before but still provide backup vocals without missing a beat. Suddenly I felt karaoke is like futsal, the more groups you join the more exposure you get. The only similarity, everyone jumps around and dance. Hafizah had much of the dance space to herself though while the others manage with the limited area. Lenny and myself even jumped on the couch and Lenny was suppose to be the sick one. Hope all the jumping and dancing did him some good.
As I left the Red Box staff asked if I be returning anytime soon. Told them I need to rest my voice but who knows, anyone up for vocal exercises?

1 comment:

mmmm said...

Again?? Well i guess u should get Red Box Priority Card (kalau ade ler)...