Saturday, May 26, 2007

The one where Pirates 3 was a complete waste of time

Hello all. Sorry for the spoiler note, but bet you will after you see it. Went yesterday as bank sponsored event. We booked one cinema at GSC Berjaya Times Square for treasury staff and our beloved clients. Due to bad traffic and all a lot arrived just in time for movie, but we had some food for everyone at 7pm (movie was at 9pm). Manage to bump into some familiar faces and it was good to see them again. Some ask why I made the jump and some even ask how could I leave Liz all alone. There was even Fantastic Four 2 poster and me and Haris took a shot with Silver Surfer.
Anyways, after work my boss booked a room at Pacific Regency for his unit. Just for us to freshen and chill before the movie. Heard rooms there go from RM400 a night, but my boss has a voucher and only got the room for RM50. He did offer the room to me after the movie but I didn't take it because everyone totally lost the mood after the movie and I don't want to sleep alone.
Back to the movie, I was in 'oh my God' mode from the first scene. Can't believe I waited a year for this. The story didn't really have a direction. Felt Johnny Depp tried a little too hard to save the movie, but it seemed like a lost cause. Orlando and Keira also seemed to not have any on-screen chemistry at all. Only guy who manage to brighten up my mood during the movie was Kieth Richards. He had a small cameo as Captain Teague and keeper of the pirate code (didn't know pirates were so organized). Other than that 'oh my God'.
Well you guys can still watch it just to finish watching the trilogy, but it will leave you very, very disappointed to the max. Last note, stay till after the credits, there's an extra meaningless scene.

No comments: