Saturday, May 5, 2007

The one where I made my return and Spiderman 3

Finally I've rejoin the workforce on Thursday. Back to waking up early in the morning and trips on the train. Back to wearing formal clothing and a tie. Back to be clean-shaven most of the time. Then again, back to a whole lot of things. However I am looking forward to the new experiences and exposure as well as a whole lot of money (I wish, yes I'm still fueled by greed).
So Thursday morning I woke up and headed to work. Left earlier as I had to report to Human Resources. I wasn't the only one reporting for duty. Three other people were also reporting for day 1. Zulhemi and two fresh grads Kamariah and Sue May. I welcome the two new ladies to the workforce. Didn't really impart any words of wisdom as I'm still a kid in the workforce myself.
Then made my long-awaiting debut to the treasury. First time for me in a large treasury. A whole lot of people and I know I will have trouble remembering everyone in the department. I admit I do have trouble at time remembering people and names (but seldom happens with the ladies). Figured one day I'll draw the seating arrangements in the department and try to place everyone. I was introduced to my teammates as well as the rest of the department by my new boss, Huzir. Also had a discussion with him on what he expects from me and how things are done.
After 2 days, I know I can do what I'm supposed to do. But I will take time to master the treasury system. Pretty confusing and complicated. At least I know my colleagues are all willing to help. I can see they are trying to help me settle in and make me feel welcome. Its nice to know that, unlike where I use to be. For now my focus is mastering the system. Dealing with the clients is the same as I've done before and since I'm already familiar with some of them, I should be able to get the hang of it.
My fellow teammates are a nice bunch of people everyone has each other's back. Hopefully it will be similar to environment as my first gig in Affin Discount. After the merger it was different and difficult. Even your own supervisor doesn't back you up. During that period me and Liz covered for each other. And since I left Liz is left alone. I know she's having a tough time doing it alone. I just hope something pans out for her soon.
Also I have limited net access at my new place. Since I'm too busy with calls and such don't really check mail much. Hell, I don't even have time to read mail sent to my office address. Only time I can check is lunch and after work.
Well enough about work. Went for Spiderman 3 last night. Movie line-up consists (as of seating arrangement) Hafizah, Ida, Farrish, Farah, Shahreza, Shahrizan and Faezah. We went for the midnight show. The movie for me was ok, but they cramped too many stories in it. Loved the fact they had Venom in it, but everytime I see Topher Grace I still see Eric Forman from That 70s Show. Cool movie and well worth the wait for me.

Now wonder if they are going to do Spiderman 4? Since the movie franchise is rolling the mega bucks similar to Batman. Both (Spidey and Bats) have enormous potential on the silver screen as there is a lot to explore and with today's technology impossible is nothing (sorry, had to do shout out for my sponsors there, hehe). Both Spidey and Bats have a rogues gallery which is potential for story telling and movies. Sadly for Superman, his whole movie franchise is limited to Lex Luthor. The only chance they get to explore the character is via TV like Smallville.
Well, I'll just wait for the next Batman film next year, The Dark Knight.

No comments: