Saturday, May 19, 2007

The one where one weeks worth of material is cramped into one post

Been a while since my last blog. Been meaning to post something about events since Saturday but time has not permitted me the luxury of blogging. Among the reasons include 2 straight nights of blackout and post-work activities.
So lets begin from last Saturday, 12 May 2007. Went to Seremban in the morning to visit my former boss during my Affin Discount days. She invited all her ex-staff for lunch. I was first to arrive as I drove faster than a speeding bullet. She cooked some Indonesian dish called rawan. First time trying out that dish. It was nice to see everyone again as its been a while since we got together. We shared a bond in the department and there was a lot of love. Its where I started work and Kak Yam (as well as Mr Mokhtar) gave me the chance and opportunity to work. Among those who came was Yusof and family, Marziah and family, Hafizan and family as well as Liz with Aaron and her future in-laws. Also they wanted to know how I was doing at my new gig.
Later rushed off like a speeding bullet to Petaling Jaya for my futsal Saturday session. Tested out my new boots I bought on ebay which arrived earlier in the week. Managed a hat-trick but still haven't broken into the new pair.
Then at night join Hafizah, Jiji, Kevin and Vincent to Rimbun Dahan for an art exhibition. Went there for dinner, view artwork, hang and snap photos. I believe Kevin posted some pictures in his blog. We came in Vincent's car and I drove the car back as he had a little too much to drink. Then Jiji and Kevin suggested for karaoke at Bangsar and the time was already 1am! I was OK with going home but since the rocker in me had one more song to rock to I thought why not. Apparently everyone was tired so I spent most of the session hogging the mic. Finally manage to sing my theme song, Radiohead's Creep. Lenny joined us for karaoke also so had a buddy to help rock the joint.
Sunday I went for Spiderman 3 again. Hafizah had two free tickets from her office colleague. She tried to sell / give to her friends but no luck. So she decided to watch it again and I thought why not join. The tickets were free and I was really bored at home even though sleeping wouldn't have hurt. Then we had dinner with Farrish and Manhattan Fish Market.
Monday night had dinner at Coffee Hut with Farrish and Farah. Coincidently they both texted me at the same time. Pretty much hang and chill as well as Farrish missing his girlfriend who is currently on holiday in the States.
Tuesday night, the highlight of the week for me. Went to MPO for Tango Fire with Hafizah and Jiji. Actually they had an extra ticket since one of their friends couldn't make it. Since I'm on a break from futsal Tuesday I thought why not. It was a dance show, tango fired up with a more upbeat feel. The cast was from Argentina and after watching the show, felt like I wanted to learn how to dance. For more info check http://www.tango-fire.com/.
Wednesday went for My Fair Lady and this was an office event. They bought tickets and invited our valued customers. It was good show (think you all know the story) but it was long and it was a work night. Still an enjoyable experience. But think my mind was still on Tango Fire as the dances were still in my head. Help send a colleague back and reached home almost 1am. And boy did I really need sleep. I realized I went to two performing arts show and an art exhibition. Damn, from rock star to a more cultured rocker. Guess the variety is good.
Thursday was a struggle at work because I was really trying to stay awake. Met up with Liz and Shem for lunch. Later and night me and Hafizah made last minute decision to watch Blades of Glory. Another funny movie and we were laughing throughout the whole movie. Catch it if you need to have a barrel of laughs.
Well a lot had happen and I know I could have elaborated better. Realize a break from futsal so far has done me some good. I now have the opportunity to try new things and experiences as I've never been to MPO and Planery Hall at KL Convention Centre. So there's a first.

No comments: