Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The one with the blackout

Somehow the title sounds so damn familiar. Hang on a tick, its from Friends Season 1. One of the titles. Where Chandler was stuck in am ATM hall with a hot model and the rest of the friends telling each other stories in a candlelit room.
Been some time since my last post. Been busy playing Madden 08. Just finish my first season with the New York Giants. Led them to the Superbowl. Figured in American football you need a good quarterback, a very speedy-Gonzalez like running back (two of them would be better) and also speedy like defenders.
This morning part of Kuala Lumpur was hit with a blackout. Apparently some generator failure nearby. Good thing it happen after I step into the office and not when I was in the lift. Well, since this blackout happen at work there were no candlelit room stories to tell. Which would have been cool. Mostly it was who has to report to disaster recovery site and who has to stay back. I apparently had to stay back. We had power back after 2 hours and resume work as usual.
Well had a few interesting moments here and there during the week. Among them was chatting up with this chick at Starbucks whose name I forgot. When my boss ask who she was, I totally forgot (and I thought I was good with names). Also two days in a row I bump into 'you-know-who' friends. Seems been some time since they hang together, due to timing and workload. I myself mention I have not seen 'you-know-who' in ages. Suddenly flashbacks came into mind. Maybe I did have a chance, only (as always) I let it slip through my hands.
Well had an interesting discussion about friends with a friend of mine. We both have different views but I conclude its due to the schools we came from. Like I came from a normal neighbourly regular school where we all live within a mile radius within each other as well as growing up together going through the 'best days of our lives'. For others maybe because they went to boarding schools the bond is different. I have experienced both, and I have to say going to normal schools is a whole lot of fun.
Today when I meet up my schoolmates the togetherness is still there. For my boarding school mates, we have yet to cross paths (which is a good thing) because they all want to compare who is the high-flyer and most successful (being a rockstar doesn't count to them). The way they compare paths is one thing I don't want to face.
Most of my schoolmates have now moved all over the place, but somehow we all still keep in touch thanks to the wonder that is the Internet.

No comments: