Monday, August 20, 2007

The one with Madden 08 and barbecue at Rafiq's

Last weekend was me back in my element. Its the season where a lot of new games will be released soon. Games which I am a fan of. Mostly sport games and racing games. After all the RPGs and adventure games I've been playing, its back to the sports. Especially with the NFL and NBA season around the corner.
Bought Madden 08 on Flyday. Which means I get the whole weekend to play Madden. As much as I enjoy Madden, I'm still not ready to enter the Madden Challenge. Still need to get used to the playbook and also need to learn how to read plays like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady. I play on the fly, just call a pass play or running play without seeing what the defence is giving me. But think got the hang of defence, since all I know is to blitz the opposing quarterback all game long. Anyways started a franchise in the franchise mode. Took charge of the New York Giants and after 3 games I'm unbeaten. Good start.
Saturday night we had a barbecue for Wak. Small gathering of friends and a mini-bachelor party minus the strippers. The bbq was held at Rafiq's crib in Puchong (which is very far) and other carnivores included Farrish, Shahreza and Amryl. The only thing not meat was the pasta I brought and the drinks. The rest was a raptors delight. It was good to just hang with the guys and chill. Also heard the fireworks from Putrajaya, sadly we couldn't see the lights.
Other than that, it was pretty much gaming weekend for me.

No comments: