Sunday, August 5, 2007

The one with the Japanese buffet and karaoke

Well last Friday was one of those days I really need. Just hanging, chilling and joking around with my friends. Due to every ones suddenly busy schedule, we all don't really hang as much as we use too.
The newly weds ShahFaizah suggested a get-together dinner. I thought they wanted to show their wedding photos, but it still wasn't ready. So in the end we went for a Japanese buffet dinner at Shogun, One Utama. Farrish-Ida also join for dinner and I came after a short futsal Friday game. Short because they had more than enough players and my presence wouldn't be missed.
So five of us had a good dinner with a wide variety of Japanese food. But we were missing two other friends in Shah (performing at some gig) and Farah (other dinner plans). Still food awaits. I think I sampled most of the meats on display. Was in carnivorous mood similar to a raptor.
Since its been a while since we hanged together, everyone was wondering whats up with the new look. I told them I'm going for the messy scruffy look. Realize the clean cut good boy image was beginning to get boring and was losing its appeal anyway.
During the dinner, the subject of karaoke came about. Since it has been a while also we all decided to go for it. Ended up in Red Box Sogo and we were joined later by Farah and a friend of Ida's, Suraya. The staff at Red Box still recognize me and asked how come I haven't been around. Its been a month since we last rocked the joint. Anyways my performance that night was pretty much of a letdown. Wasn't really energetic as I used too. Still manage to perform at a standard level, but guess it was either the heavy dinner or my mind was partially elsewhere. But figured it was both. Still managed to have great fun and that's what is important.
Well the weekend went by so fast and another rough week awaits.

1 comment:

nadya.s said...

hi faisal. thank you. :)