Thursday, August 16, 2007

The one with ergonomics

After the last post which could have been mistaken for an episode of Smallville, I should have put disclaimer which is better said in the Malaysian language 'kisah ini tiada kaitan dengan yang hidup ataupun yang mati' or the term 'bukan nama sebenar'.
Anyways back to the topic at hand. I am not going to go detail or scientific here. Just a general explanation. I admit I spend way too much time in front of my computer or which I once dubbed 'the ultimate gaming machine'. Not anymore dude to hardware advances and no significant upgrades.
I have been having this nagging 'discomfort' on my right wrist since like forever. Only recently the discomfort is beginning to get to me. It is said its the way one positions his hand when using ones mouse and keyboard. In my case its always been about the mouse. I believe my mouse at home is ergonomically correct, but the same can't be said for the one in the office. Then again office equipment is very much standard and I don't think they would want to cater to individual needs.
Well its a good thing I'm no longer active in basketball as I want to. If not, my shooting would be way off and I more likely to make a lefty-scoop-layup then the usual money shots I used to make (keyword USED TO).
And why am I posting about my wrist pains I have no idea. By the way, football update, Becks scores his first goal for LA Galaxy, makes his first assist and picks up his first yellow card earlier today. And last I check, my beloved Spurs still suck with a capital S.
Almost forgot, last night had drinks with Amryl, Farrish and Rafiq (semua nama sebenar). Amryl left early to pick up his wife from the airport. Then the three of us began doing flashbacks of our carefree time back after we finish school. Don't know how we suddenly got to talking about that, but it was nice to reminisce about the good old days. Come to think about it, it was ten years ago. Events that shaped what we became today.
Well I don't plan to go flashback here, but one thing I know has change is now I'm relatively larger than life (and not in a good way).

1 comment:

Wardatul said...

somehow..i think i know u but i dont know who u are...