Friday, August 24, 2007

The one with Ratatouille and my health

Finally caught Ratatouille on Wednesday with my office colleagues (whose names will be altered later to protect privacy). Anyways I'm a big fan of cartoons both big screen and small screen. I find it both entertaining and funny and also the technology of animation has come a long way since Walt Disney introduced a mouse into the world. I'll spare you with the movie details as I believe most has seen it or will soon.
However pre-movie was one of those 'bonding' moments with my colleagues. Went with my colleagues from work Jeniffer, Hillary, Winona and Gareth. Movie was at 6:45pm at TGV KLCC and we left office at 6.00pm. We decided to go in Jennifer's car even though I suggested walking was a better option. Turned out we were stuck in traffic for an hour, when we could have taken a 15 minute walk. And it was the longest 1 hour traffic jam I ever been caught in.
Well we did keep ourselves occupied, well the three ladies did by using me as the human target. They had a lot to say among them was my karaoke showmanship. Well they were honest enough to tell me that I 'overdid' it. (Mental note to self : when karaoke with office mates I must BEHAVE). Also somehow I was the victim for almost everything. It was 3 against 1 and my friend Gareth wasn't of much help. But somehow it helped me in bonding with my colleagues. So now they see me as a funny-blur-geek. Maybe that's what they saw when I first joined, maybe they expected another side of me. Well the other side of me is karaoke.
And today, I was struck down with the flu. Didn't feel good the whole day and didn't get a chance to see the doctor. Not to say I was tied with work, but there were certain things that required my attention. In the end I went straight home after work and made myself some soup. And I know I should be getting some sleep soon.
Finally, a sad story. To keep it short, two friends and a joke went wrong. To my friends, I hope you can work things out and be friends again. Its sad that a mis-understanding has led to this. I for one am not one for confrontation or taking sides, but in the name of friendship I hope you can work things out again, we've all been through a lot to let this be the end.
Now I should really wrap myself in a blanket and hope I feel better in the morning.

3 comments:

igby said...

ratatouille, a clever movie i must say. pixar never dissapoints me ^^

Wife, Mother and Daughter said...

i hope u get well soon.. i am down with a flu too... musim kot.. have a good rest..

as for the two friends, i totally agree with u.. however, i read the emails that she sent to him privately and i cant help feeling angry too.. she said that his english is terrible, she said he asked all his friends to back him up and attack her, she said his brain is weak for not able to take her advice and worst of all, that he's two face kind of guy.

i hope for the best too but i'm prepared for the worst..

so there u go.. the longest blog comment ever!

FairyGodmother said...

Hey you.. get well soon.