Thursday, December 27, 2007

The one with the dare

Something different and it all happen during my lunch break yesterday. Had lunch at Mickey Dees with my colleagues. As usual while eating we were checking out the scene for any CIOs.
Finally there was one worthy of our attention. Each came up with their own analysis on the CIO. She and her colleague order a large take away order. And we were all wondering why on earth didn't she just use the McDelivery service.
So we all made our own analysis on the CIO. My interpretation was she was very fashionable but could use a new watch. Another said she is the type that likes to please. But she was the focus of own attention for a good 15 minutes.
Then my colleague made a dare with me. He put RM 50 on the table, and wanted me to go up and offer my assistance in the heavy lifting. And did she need help in the heavy lifting. Seems like she was ordering for like 50 people. Hopefully it was to some orphanage of some sort. She did seem the Angelina Jolie humanitarian type.
They even offered me some lines to use (which worked for one of them). However, the Mickey Dees staff were all lining up to help. So in the end I didn't offer to help. There goes a good fifty bucks which could be put to good use by taking her out for some Starbucking experience.
Oh well, probably next time, hopefully my window of opportunity is still wide open.

No comments: