Saturday, December 15, 2007

The one with the 99

Actually I shorten the title since the original title was 'The one with the Heartbreak Kid, art exhibition, confirmation karaoke, ex-Affin Discount treasury gathering, sick me, Alvin & The Chipmunks and I am Legend'. Very long title and around a weeks worth of material.
So post-chemical-romanced I went to check Heartbreak Kid, very funny. Was laughing throughout the movie and being typical Ben Stiller comedy, it was worth the laughs. The movie also had an underlying message (okay, obvious message) which had me thinking (for a bit). Something for me to solve in 2008.
Got invited (last minute) to an art exhibition at the Petronas Gallery in KLCC. Think I was invited due to the fact that I was in a walking radius to KLCC and also the fact this circle of friends have not seen me in ages. Anyways small promo for the exhibition, its called 'The Independence Project' and will be in display till 10 February 2008. While you at it, check out the piece by Vincent Leong (the friend who helped me with my 5 seconds of fame). A very cleverly done piece. Anyways, the exhibition reacquainted me with some friends I haven't met in ages, including one who I cared for dearly. Anyways, didn't' expect to see her there (but glad I did) and think she was surprised (I hope in a good way) to see me there. Somehow it felt awkward and we ended up making small talk, the usual hows things/life/work? And to think at one time we could talk about anything spontaneously.
As posted earlier, I've finally got my confirmation status. And to celebrate (meaning buying the whole desk dinner) we went for karaoke. Rocking good session as this time the gloves were off and there was no holding back the rockstar. Didn't have much room though but made the most of it. Anyways good fun, and a colleague mention that my rendition of Bon Jovi's Always was well done. She mention that when I do rock numbers it works with my voice, but so much on the slow numbers. Well that was comforting to know, I was worried all this time I was making noise.
Last weekend, the ex-Affin Discount treasury department finally had their gathering at Kak Yam's place in Lavender Heights. Some sort of pot luck event, but this time I didn't have to make pasta. I was just needed to bring grapes. Since Kak Yam was preparing the main dish and Fatin was bringing the chicken. Usually I'm the first to arrive, but this time Fatin arrived before me. Kak Yam's son was at summer camp so no FIFA Street on Playstation friendly. Anyways it was nice to see everyone again. It was probably one of the best group of people one can start their career with. Very close-knit group and like my parents they also share my parents concerns and worries (not career wise).
After the gathering I drove like the wind to make it for futsal Saturday (and to think I got this far without mentioning futsal). Played a mediocre game, maybe due to all the food I ate, but still had glimpses on genius here and there. Was feeling sick after the game. Suffered diarrhea as well as puking my guts out. Didn't feel good at all the whole Sunday. Was in bed the whole day, but was up and about the next day. Which by the way I'm on leave and will be back at work on Flyday.
Went for a double feature today. Alvin and the Chipmunks and I am Legend. The Chipmunks was a fun flick, just to laugh and here them sing. Still preferred the cartoon tough. As for I am Legend, overall it was good but I felt the ending was kind of weak. Then again, it was kind of hard to come up with a stronger ending than that.
Now its time for my medication.

1 comment:

Maggie said...

*AHEM*

Nothing is going to happen if you just "care for dearly" and don't make a move.

*nudges bcib into action*