Monday, December 10, 2007

The one with the My Chemical Romance concert

My first concert for the year 2007 (my karaoke performances sadly do not count). Have to admit been a while since I attended a concert. Last show was INXS last year. When I heard MCR were coming I made the necessary arrangements for the entourage to rock. Same concert line-up as INXS with Farrish, Shahreza and yours truly.
We were a bit sceptical to go since it's been reported that they don't really sound good live. We saw some performances on YouTube and Gerard Way's voice seem to drown in the music. But we were all in need of a concert and since Linkin Park, Fall Out Boy and Daughtry only went to Singapore, My Chemical Romance will do. Don't get me wrong though, I am a big fan of MCR and really wish they have it at Red Box.
We arrived late (for the opening acts anyway) but no loss there as we were there for MCR. We missed One Buck Short's opening act but came in time for Pop Shuvit. I have to say Pop Shuvit is really a class act. Something for the Malaysian music scene and they are big in Japan.
Anyways, when MCR took centre stage, it was time to rock. They played most of their material from the Black Parade album. Some tunes I know, some I don't. They also played 2 songs from their Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge album including my favourite, Helena. But they didn't play Ghost of You. I was singing along to all the songs we know the lyrics too and was in full voice for I Don't Love You. I'm not familiar with their music from their first 2 albums but I think they played a couple of tunes. As for the performance, excellent. They seem to have improved their live performance a lot. Was overall impressed with the performance.
Good thing I applied leave for Monday. Don't think can work as I don't have any vocal range at the moment.

No comments: